The house was calm and quiet. Kids and husband were outside. 
If I was going to make my move, this was the time. 
                                    This was the moment.
My heart was racing, sweat was dripping from my brow and my hands were shaking....terribly
With my favorite paint brush by my side and a class of crystal light fruit punch to calm my nerves, I stared directly at it.      
What should I do?
What will my husband say? 
What will my friends think?
I was about to make a decision to do something that I had never done before.
I didn't have this problem with the thrift store find (here), or my dumpster rescue (here), or even my painted floors (here). But this was different. This was committing myself to the success or failure of the outcome and living with it everyday and never hearing the end of it from your husband if it didn't turn out.
It only took one look to know that I had not made a mistake. That the risk was worth taken. That a piece of furniture that I paid a really good sum of money for, had been transformed. That hubby would be proud and that my friends would say good job, but still chuckle that I had painted that piece.
I would only have to remind them though, of what the piece use to look like, before they realized that it was the right thing to do.

 And then they may just stop laughing.
What risks have you taken lately?


Grateful for~
Risking Taking

Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style
Jennifer Rizzo 
Between Naps on The Porch
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Craftberry Bush
Miss Mustard Seed


Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top