The first room that I wanted to share in my Welcome to My Home Series is my Master Bedroom. I am a firm believer that the bedroom is a place that should evoke peace, tranquility and beauty. These are things that I feel when I am in this space. My room makes me feel special, the way I believe your bedroom should make you feel.

Before kids my style for the bedroom was very  formal. It was not a space for children to jump on the bed or sit on the couch. It was a beautiful space to look at but not to live in. Well all of that changed 6 years ago after my first son was born. I realized I wanted a beautiful space that the family could live in . That's when the formal went and a more simple design was introduced.
Benjamin Moore- Homestead Green
My bedding is the Matine collection from Pottery Barn. The "His" and "Hers" pillows from Ballard Designs, add just enough wimsy and throw in  some casual on a very traditional pattern.  The color on my wall Homestead Green, is the original color choice since we built our home 9 years ago. This is the only color in my home that has never changed. I love this color and how it makes me feel when I enter this space. Calm and Peaceful.  I close the doors and forget the kids are screaming and that laundry is piling up, if just for a moment!Ahhhh.

 For More of My Home Tour Click Here




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top