For brightness, not necessarily whiteness. Let me explain.  With a house of more windows then I care to clean and more then the number of football players on a team , my core kitchen is still not very bright. Sounds crazy, but it's true. Windows are situated across the room and not in this immediate area. You can see the entire kitchen here. 
 So my quest began......
About 2 years ago when I changed  my butlers pantry to a creamy distressed color. FYI-  this piece use to be black.
Over the course of 10 years, four different changes to the wall color in my Breakfast and kitchen area .  FYI- the previous colors have been school house red, a gold, a green color and now the current color called Polished Pearl.
Changing the mantle color to Old White
and the built-in cabinetry
 The latest in my quest for brightness was painting the mantle above the cook top so that both mantles shared the same color scheme.  I may decide to paint the entire cook top cabinet so that it gives it a more cohesive look.
So what else is next you ask in my master plan of changes.
Well, because I don't have any interest in painting all of the cabinets in my kitchen and I like the combination of painted and wood cabinetry, I will paint the island. At this point I have not decided exactly what color I will use, but it will be light and not white. 
I am also going to replace the back splash with a creamy white subway tile.
 I think incorporating these minor changes will help to achieve the brightness that I want in the kitchen, and even after all of the changes are completed one thing will remain the same- I still don't like to cook but at least it will be brighter!
Have you been on any quest's lately?
Grateful for~
A husband who does!


PS- you can follow along on my quest hereherehere and here

Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top